Sunday, January 29, 2017
- Prophetic Times produced by Jim Tuck is back. Prophetic trends worth watching.
Sunday, January 15, 2017
Final Stories Posted to this section December 18, 2016
Tom Peine, our dear friend, elder and LifeNets chairman dies on Saturday, February 28, 2015 in Indianapolis. See collection of notable events from my websites about Tom from the past 15 years.
- Delivery of LifeNets Kids for Cows animals in Zambia. See report. Thanks to all who are making this happen! (Dec 24, 2013)
- Insightful report by Barry and Sandy Kortius of Colorado who traveled with Scott/Collette Lockwood and families to Malawi and visited our brethren there along with the LifeNets projects. A good read! (posted January 28, 2014)
- Major update (Jan 21, 2014) about work done in the Philippines by LifeNets to help Haiyan/Yolanda Typhoon victims. Almost 100 photos and short snippets of what's going on plus one YouTube clip.
- LifeNets sponsors two more young adults Michael Slocum and Julia Stewart for teaching mission in Thailand. We have a total of three going for the 2014-2015 year. Please read more about the participants and mission at http://lifenets.org/thailand
- Denny's Tractor. The Luker Foundation, through LifeNets, donates $10,000 for tractor to be used by Legacy Foundation in Thailand for operation in small rice paddies. We are so happy to see this be able to help more people with food security. MORE at http://lifenets.org/thailand/tractor.html (posted July 7, 2014)
- Our visit to former Ambassador College Pasadena, CA campus and Headquarters of the Worldwide Church of God on October 24, 2013. See pictures that will bring back memories of a time gone by..
- Jorge de Campos returns from Brazil with great report and pictures of our growing LifeNets cattle program. Read more. (posted June 11, 2014)
- These 3 men in remote Zambia waited 25 years to be baptized. A tremendous story of faith, patience and persistence. Read about our visit with them in April 2014
- My TravelPod blogs
- LifeNets supports Life Gaps School in Central Indiana which now manufactures TRIKES for disabled children in Central America. http://lifenets.org/lifegaps/trike.html
- We visited Pastor Nikolai Gantiuk and his wife Angelina in a Ukrainian Sabbatarian community near Willow Springs, Missouri on February 16, 2014. Great story!
- One of LifeNets successes in Malawi: the Jumpha Clinic We have provided medicines for 10 years. The clinic is on the border with Zambia and Mozambique and provides healthcare for people in those countries, too.
- September 23, 2013 update of LifeNets biggest project to date: The JohJan LifeNets Academy in Migori, Kenya that now has 220 pupils.
- Kids for Cows Update. We thank children who through LifeNets help children get milk in Brazil, Zambia and Kenya (updated March 9, 2013)
- My mother Nina Kubik (below) lived through the 1933 Stalin famine in Ukraine that killed seven million people. I recently found this article in a 1983 issue of the Minnesota Daily News in which she was interviewed about the famine.....50th anniversary of this event.(posted December 11, 2011)
- ifeNets newest orphanage project in western Zambia. Here is Derrick Pringle of Kitwe, Zambia delivering $4000 worth of goods to orphans as well as poor Zambian/Angolan farmers. We are very happy to be involved in working with these reliable people. (posted February 11, 2013)
- My prison page has been updated http://kubik.org/prison
- LifeNets member Neil Wallis participates in 7000 km road rally driving through 7 countries in Southern Africa, giving LifeNets exposure and giving out hundreds of pairs of shoes to poor people along the way. Great story!
- eport on the LifeNets Kenya Goat Project funded by LifeNets Australia. We are so pleased to see people from different continents working together to bring about a higher quality of life
- Special benefit concert being performed in Cincinnati area on June 1st. Donations will go to fund the Vinogradov orphanage in Ukraine. Click here for more details (updated May 29, 2014) Includes map to venue!
- LifeNets has worked with street children and orphans in Vinogradov, Ukraine since 2001. Here is a story of one of the young ladies who we have known throughout this period of time.(posted March 8, 2014)
- One of our most heart-warming stories of 2013: Breathing vest for Cathy in Cape Town with Cystic Fibrosis
- Jed Sy along with her brother Jong Pilapil is serving a life sentence in the Philippines for a crime she did not commit. I visited her and Jong on July 14, 2013. They have earned great trust in prison and were allowed laptop computers that LifeNets provided. MORE. (posted January 13, 2014)
- Haiyan (Yolanda) struck Tacloban, Leyte, Philippines, LifeNets around the world has come to aid of victims. Pictured above is LifeNets affiliate in Japan sending first shipment of 1000 items of children's clothing. Follow progress at http://lifenets.org/typhoon2013
Jelly has emerged as a friend for our children to teach them things like books of the Bible, the Ten Commandments and more. Bev and I visited with Jelly and one of his creators Jonathan Magee. See some of the film shorts that I'm sure you'll like:
On March 19, 2013 we established theDennis Luker Memorial Foundation in honor of our dear friend Dennis Luker who died on March 14, 2013. Along with his wife LeeAnn they ardently supported LifeNets education projects and we would like to memorialize his life with future education initiatives.
- LifeNets drills challenging borehole in remote Nalubanda North in Zambia on July 22, 2012. Success came after dreaming about it for 12 years! Will serve up to 500 people in community....on UCG deacon Maxwell Kasakantu's property. Share in our rejoicing by reading this inspiring report!
Completion of fifth Summer Camp Program in Vinogradov, Ukraine. Here are some of our Ukrainain participants. See full report here. We have been working with street children and orphans in Vinogradov since 2001.www.lifenets.org/vinogradov (posted October 3, 2013)
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
Monday, February 1, 2016