You're Not Old UNLESS You Can Remember...
- Being sent to the drugstore to test vacuum tubes for the TV.
- When Kool-Aid was the only other drink for kids, other than milk and Sodas.
- When there were only 2 types of sneakers for boys, & girls wouldn't wear them.
- When boys couldn't wear anything but leather shoes to school.
- When it took five minutes for the TV to warm up.
- When nearly everyone's parents smoked.
- When all your friends got their hair cut at the kitchen table.
- When nearly everyone's mom was at home when the kids got there.
- When nobody owned a pure-bred dog.
- When a dime was a decent allowance, and a quarter a huge bonus.
- When you'd reach into a muddy gutter for a penny.
- When girls neither dated nor kissed until late high school, if then.
- When your mom wore nylons that came in two pieces.
- When all your teachers wore either neckties or had their hair done, every day.
- When you got your windshield cleaned, oil checked, and gas pumped, without asking.......
for free, every time.
- When any parent could discipline any kid, or feed him, or use him to carry groceries,
and nobody, not even the kid, thought a thing of it.
- When it was considered a great privilege to be taken out to dinner at a real restaurant
with your parents.
- When schools threatened to keep kids back a grade if they failed--and actually did it.