More Church Bulletin Bloopers
- "The pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, 'Break Forth Into Joy.'"
- "During the absence of our pastor, we enjoyed the rare privilege of hearing a good sermon when J.F. Stubbs supplied our pulpit."
- "Next Sunday Mrs. Vinson will be soloist for the morning service. The pastor will then speak on 'It's a Terrible Experience.'"
- "Due to the Rector's illness, Wednesday's healing services will be discontinued until further notice."
- "Stewardship Offertory: 'Jesus Paid It All'"
- "The music for today's service was all composed by George Friedrich Handel in celebration of the 300th anniversary of his birth."
- "Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community."
- "The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's 'Hamlet' in the church basement on Friday at 7 p.m. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy."
- "The concert held in Fellowship Hall was a great success. Special thanks are due to the minister's daughter, who labored the whole evening at the piano, which as usual fell upon her."
- "22 members were present at the church meeting held at the home of Mrs. Marsha Crutchfield last evening. Mrs. Crutchfield and Mrs. Rankin sang a duet, The Lord Knows Why."
- "A songfest was hell at the Methodist church Wednesday."
- "Today's Sermon: HOW MUCH CAN A MAN DRINK? with hymns from a full choir."
- "On a church bulletin during the minister's illness: GOD IS GOOD Dr. Hargreaves is better."
To the Lighter Side page1,097